Policies of the Largo Flying Club
1. The club trainer(s) is/are the property of the LFC. The trainer is to be maintained
by the Club. The trainer is to be used by approved flight instructors with a buddy box.
The trainer is to be used for a maximum of two introductory flights per person. The
trainer is not to be used for landings or solo flight for new students.
2. LFC members are responsible for locking all gates and the shed at the conclusion of activities.
3. We must be aware of our neighbors and the possibility of complaints. Therefore, we must operate in a very responsible manner and use common sense when flying. Be aware of the requirements of the City of Largo.
4. Newsletter/Website Publication Policy
The purpose of the Club newsletter and website is to promote the flying club and the hobby in general. To that end, the newsletter editor and webmaster reserve the right to determine what is published through their media.
5. Currently there is no designated area for control line flying at the field.
6. Annual Club Dues are $80.00. Previous members can pay $75.00 if paid before December 1st. After December 1st, all members pay $80.00.
7. Members who have not paid dues by December 31st will have flying privileges suspended until dues are paid. Dues will be accepted until January 15th. If dues are not paid by January 15th, reapplication to the LFC must be made (this will include the initiation fee).
8. Members who have mitigating circumstances can provide a request in writing to the BOD to have membership inactive for one year. If the member does not rejoin the LFC after one year, he/she must re-apply for membership (including the initiation fee).
9. New members must pay a $50.00 initiation fee. Dues are pro-rated to the following schedule:
a. $80.00 between January 1st and March 31st. b. $60.00 between April 1st and June 30th. c. $40.00 between July 1st and September 30th. d. $20.00 between October 1st and November 30th. e. $80.00 between December 1st and December 31st (for the new year)
10. Junior members are those under the age of 18. Junior members must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Junior members must be AMA members. Junior members are not required to pay the initiation fee or dues. Once a junior member reaches the age of 19, they must pay the initiation fee and begin to pay dues. Junior members must show their current AMA card to receive a current LFC card and be continued on the roster
11. There shall be only one initiation fee per household. A household is defined as family members who are living under the same roof.
12. Temporary membership is available for thirty-day periods. The rate is $20.00 per thirty day period. Thirty-day memberships are non-voting memberships.
13. The President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary can spend up to $100.00 in any month for club related items without prior consent of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors must seek approval from the club members for any expenditure of $500.00 or more per month in advance.
14. Debit cards may be issued to the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Field Maintenance Officer only.
15. Activities at the field are limited to the use of radio controlled aircraft which are in compliance with all the bylaws, safety rules, and policies of the LFC.
16. The membership cap is 175.
17. All engines/motors must meet the decibel requirements of no more than 94db at full throttle at 10 feet.
18.Electric aircraft must meet the decibel requirements of no more than 88db at full throttle at 10 feet before 9 am Monday through Friday and 10 am Saturday and Sunday.
19. No internal combustion engines can be started before 9 am Monday through Friday and 10 am Saturday and Sunday.
20. No pets of any kind are allowed at the LFC field.
Revised: 1/10/12; 3/6/12; 11/5/13; 1/7/14; 5/6/14; 3/3/15